- Congratulations to the 2013 SPJ award winners! Thank you to the 180 people that came to the awards banquet in Tulsa. To order a duplicate plaque(s), email email@example.com to request instructions.
- Winners List
- Judges' Comments (pdf)
- Press Release (pdf)
- Awards Program (pdf)
- Awards Slideshow (pdf)
- Mark your calendar for the 2013 Awards Banquet!
Award winners and guests will gather April 20 at the Tulsa Doubletree Hilton at Warren Place, 6110 S. Yale Avenue. A reception will begin at 6 p.m. and dinner served at 7 p.m. Registration fees are $40 for professionals and guests; $35 for college students. Letters will be mailed to all contest entrants in late March to let you know if any of your entries placed first, second or third in the contest.
Register online to attend the banquet or download a registration form to mail in. Payment can be made online with a credit card or PayPal account
A list of winners that placed first, second or third in at least one category is now posted online. Specific contest results will not be announced until the banquet.
- Submit your entries now in the SPJ Oklahoma Pro chapter's annual contest! Download the Call for Entries to read the rules and find your categories. If you want help using the online submission website, BetterBNC.com, then download step-by-step instructions in the Entry Guide. Don't wait! Early Bird entries are due Jan. 21, 2013. The general deadline is Jan. 28.
- PRESS RELEASE - MAY 19, 2012:
The board of directors of the Oklahoma Pro Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists announced today that it will consult with law enforcement officials regarding the alleged misappropriation of funds from the organization's account.
Read the complete press release
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT - MAY 15, 2012:
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The board of the Oklahoma Pro Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists announced today following a special meeting Friday, May 11, that information had surfaced that showed unauthorized withdrawals had been made from the chapter’s checking account.
Scott Cooper, the chapter’s Treasurer-Secretary has resigned from the organization. Cooper also served as SPJ Region 8 director, over Oklahoma and Texas SPJ chapters.
Read the complete press release
- Congratulations to the 2012 SPJ award recipients! See the list of winners or download the press release. Thank you to everyone that came to the awards banquet at the Jim Thorpe Museum. To order a duplicate plaque(s), email firstname.lastname@example.org to request instructions.
- Get the Beat: Oklahoma SPJ Sponsors Tribal Workshops April 21 at The Oklahoman
- The contest results are in! Find your name on the list of winners and join the Oklahoma Pro Chapter for its annual awards banquet April 21 at the Jim Thorpe Museum in Oklahoma City! Download a registration form to mail in, or register online. Payment can be made online, too, with a credit card or PayPal account.
- The 2011 Contest is DIGITAL! Download the Call for Entries to find your categories. If you want help using the new online system, download step-by-step instructions in the Entry Guide. Then submit your entries online at BetterBNC.com. Don't wait! Early Bird entries are due Jan. 30, 2012. The general deadline is Feb. 6, 2012.
- The 2011 annual awards banquet is history and the winners have been announced! See who won. Congratulations to all the winners, and especially to the chapter's special award recipients, Dr. Terry Clark, Ramòn Chávez, and Griffin Communications' Oklahoma Impact Team. Here's the official press release and the awards book with additional info.
- The results are in! Find your name on the list of winners, and join the Oklahoma Pro Chapter for its annual awards banquet April 30 in Tulsa!
- SPJ Oklahoma contest awards will be presented Saturday, April 30 at the Tulsa Hilton Southern Hills. Cocktail reception will begin at 6 p.m. Dinner will be served at 7 p.m. The Hilton is located at 7900 S. Lewis, Tulsa, OK 74136. Award notifications will be sent and banquet reservations made available in early April.
- Three collegiate journalists will attend a national journalism convention thanks to sponsorships from the Oklahoma Professional Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists. See details.
- Contest news: The Oklahoma SPJ contest will make a major change this year as the contest period changes to the calendar year. During this transitional year the contest period will cover a year and a half – July 1, 2009 through Dec. 31, 2010. The contest materials will be mailed and posted online in late November 2010. Entries will be due in late January 2011. If you have questions, please e-mail Contest Coordinator Lisa Potts at email@example.com.
- This year’s SPJ convention, taking place Oct. 3-5 in Las Vegas, promises to bring hands-on training with 50+ workshops, many focusing on the use of multimedia and social networking tools packed into two days. From the Las Vegas Sun, Rob Curley, well known for his work in managing multimedia in the newsroom, will be joining the conference as a keynote speaker. More info and registration.
- Access Across America tour comes to Oklahoma City June 8. Get FOI training in accessing public records sponsored by SPJ through a grant by the Sigma Delta Chi Foundation. More info and registration.
- National SPJ workshop in OKC! "Writing that Works Online" is an information-packed, two-hour workshop planned for 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 1, at The Oklahoman's auditorium, 9000 N. Broadway. More info and registration.
- Winners of the 2010 SPJ Oklahoma Pro Chapter awards have been announced! See the entire list, including Lifetime Achievement Award winners John Greiner and Gary England, and Teacher of the Year Philip Patterson. Congratulations to all the winners!